how to make money on youtube, YouTube is an American online video-sharing platform headquartered in San Bruno, California.
The service, created in February 2005 by three former PayPal employees Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim—was bought by Google in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion and now operates as one of the company’s subsidiaries
The YouTube Partner Program (YPP) gives creators greater access to YouTube resources and features like direct access to our Creator Support team. It also enables revenue sharing from ads being served on your content. In this article, you can review:
- Available features
- Criteria for joining
- The application checklist
- Other miscellaneous FAQs on YPP
What you get
- Access to our Creator Support teams
- Access to the Copyright Match Tool
- Access to our monetization features
Minimum eligibility requirements to join
- Follow all the YouTube monetization policies.
- The YouTube monetization policies are a collection of policies that allow you to monetize on YouTube. As a YouTube partner, your agreement including the YouTube partner program policies require compliance with these monetization policies to potentially earn money on YouTube.
- Live in a country/region where the YouTube Partner Program is available.
- Have more than 4,000 valid public watch hours in the last 12 months.
- Have more than 1,000 subscribers.
- Have a linked AdSense account.
A few notes
- We won’t tell you what you can create on YouTube, but we do have a responsibility to do right by our viewers, creators and advertisers. If you’re in the YouTube Partner Program, you can earn money through YouTube. Because of that, we hold you to a higher standard.
- To make sure we’re rewarding good creators, we review your channel before you’re accepted in the YouTube Partner Program. We also constantly review channels to make sure you’re meeting all our policies and guidelines.
- You may be liable to pay taxes on your earnings from YouTube; find out more below.
how to make money on youtube Partner Program
You can make money on YouTube through the following features:
Each feature has its own set of eligibility requirements on top of subscriber and view count requirements. If our reviewers believe that your channel or video is not eligible, specific features may not be available. These extra thresholds exist for two main reasons. The most important one is that we have to meet legal requirements in every area where the feature is available. Then, because we want to reward good creators, we need to make sure we have enough context on your channel. Generally, this context means we need more content to look at.
Keep in mind that we constantly review channels to make sure your content is in line with our policies.
Once you’ve been accepted in the YouTube Partner Program, you may get access to these monetization features:
|Super Chat & Super Stickers||
|YouTube Premium revenue||
Earning money on YouTube is a great way to be rewarded for good, engaging content on the platform. However, please keep in mind that you may be liable to pay taxes to your country of residence on any income earned from your monetized videos on YouTube. Check with your local tax authorities for detailed guidance.
how to make money on youtube
- Sign in to your YouTube account and go to https://studio.youtube.com/channel/UC/monetization
- Click Start on the “Sign up for Google AdSense” card.
- You’ll need to enter your YouTube account password and re-authenticate. Learn how to re-authenticate your YouTube account.
- Choose the Google account you want to use to sign in to AdSense. If you’re already an AdSense publisher, you must sign in with the Google account that you use to access your existing AdSense account. This may be different than the log-in credentials you use to log in to YouTube.
- You’ll be directed to an AdSense sign-up page. Verify that the correct email is at the top of the page. If the account that’s showing is the wrong one, click “Use a different account” to change accounts.
- Click Accept Association.
- You’ll be redirected back to the Monetization page in YouTube Studio.
- Once you’ve connected your AdSense, we’ll mark this step with a green “Done” sign on the “Sign up for Google AdSense” card.